Just because I can
Can you feel it? Ohio, baby. The greatest state in the union. ('Cept for Iowa) I am home at last.
So, California was a good time. I didn't get to do all (any) of the sight seeing I would have liked to do, but beggars can rarely be choosers, so I should first give a big thanks to KJ for the use of her couch and shower. Much appreciated.
Let's see... what's new in the world?
Well, last night on THE ACTION CHANNEL!!!!!!!! I watched "Master of the Flying Guillotine". I have to say, you know it's one Hell of a movie when the hero is only the THIRD most interesting one armed character in it. He's particularly smoked by the snake fist guy. The Master of the Guillotine himself is the coolest villain ever, though, based almost solely on his swastika bib. Million billion stars.
John Milius is dead. Now, I like me some Conan so in a way I'm sad, but this is the same guy who was high on casting Triple H as Conan's son in am upcoming sequel; so maybe it all worked out for the best.
UPDATE: I haven't seen it on any of the wires yet, so it may have been erroneous. If so, I hope I didn't kill him off the rest fo the way with my comments.
Andrew and I caught "Dodgeball" this afternoon, and I'll be damned if it didn't rock my world. I loved this movie in a Caddyshackian way - in that I laughed pretty much from start to finish. Ben Stiller was definitely the star of this. He plays a character who resembles a cross between "Point Break" era Patrick Swayze with a toned down, pre-Neo Conservative Ultimate Warrior except filled with self-loathing. If you've ever seen "Heavyweights", this is basically Tony Perkiss with the volume turned down just a little bit. The trailer for "Anchorman" is awesome too.
Anyway, I hope to see many of y'all some time this week, and big ups to Ashley and Andrew for picking me up (The A Team?) at the airport.

No comments:
Post a Comment