Monday, June 21, 2004

Hell boy, don't you know me? I'm young black and famous

Okay, so I've been reading up on the imminent "Hellboy" two disc treatment (July 27th, teehee), and dig this; Mike Mignola put together eight, count 'em, EIGHT branching, choose your own adventure Hellboy comics as DVD features. OMG. OMG. I think I just peed my pants a little bit. Pardon my geek boy mark out syndrome, but that's pretty fuckin' hot. Also, Guillermo Del Toro and Mignola on one commentary, while Perlman, Blair, and Jeff Tambor rock the other one? I'm soooo there. Oh, and there are something like 27 documentary featurettes, too. Usually these things are just extended press kit material, but with a movie this pretty, I'm very interested to learn all I can about the costuming and digital effects within. The only real problem with this is that I'm probably going to have to double dip on it, because an extended director's cut has been announced as well, sometime in the months to follow. It's not going to stop me from enjoying this beautiful thing the day it hits the stores, though.


Oh you tease

Anyhow, that's what's on my mind at 4:08 this morning. Don't forget to chime in on Six Feet Under and drool over Laura Prepon below.

No comments: