Monday, June 21, 2004
28 Days Later(er)
I think that my favorite thing about "28 Days Later" (and I like MANY things about it), is how well it wraps everything up. Without a food source, the Infected die. Easy as pie, right? HAHAHAHA! WRONG, STUPID MOVIE GOER, sayeth Fox Searchlight. Because after all, when you’re a movie studio and your low budget horror movie makes $70 million, there is one unanswered question that you must pursue – can you make that much money again? So get ready for 28 Weeks Later! I'm all for the recent glut (well, compared to the past ten years at least) of zombie horror, because it IS my most favorite genre, but this is not a movie that called for a franchise. It was a very simple, very low key story about a group of people basically waiting out Hell. However, with each passing green light for a new zombie movie, we get closer to real support for George Romero making the movie he WANTS to make, and that ain't bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment