Monday, May 10, 2004

The Power of Christ Compels Me

So, my friend and short-term roommate, Adam Varona, is getting married on June 12th. As most of you know, I'm a groomsman, so I'll be out in Sacto for the big day. I'm absolutely thrilled for him and his bride to be, Danielle, and I'm excited myself to get out there and see them. But God is a tricky motherfucker, and he decided that this weekend, he would forsake me. The day of the wedding, Ring of Honor has a show in Dayton, so I'm missing that. The next day, WWE has a pay per view at Nationwide, so I'm missing that as well. But I knew that TRUE friendship was more important than a weekend long wrestlegasm (assuming that's even possible), so I was chagrined, but decided that I could manage. And last night, I learned that my patience and devotion have truly paid off. Because on June 11th, in San Leandro California, a scant ninety minutes away from Sacramento... Pro Wrestling Iron is holding their first ever television taping. Now, that probably doesn't mean anything to most of you, but it just so happens that on this night, in the San Leandro High School gymnasium... my Japanese wrestling Jesus, Mitsuharu Misawa, will be in action. OMIGOD. OH MY GOD. OHMYGOD. Twelve dollars, high school gym, Mitsuharu Misawa. The time for partying and freaking out is NOW.

No comments: