Welcome to the first post of the Version 2.0 era of what was formerly known as "Andy Napier's 37th Chamber". Lots of great memories from January to May, but as I enter a new chapter of my life, so begins a new chapter of my blog.
So, let's kick things off with... DRAMA!
Act One: Who Needs an Education in This Thriving Economy?
"Wow. I sure don't know very much about Islam. Wow. This essay question sure is worth fifty percent of my midterm grade. Wow. I sure am fucked."
So... let's have a panic attack and drop Civilization why don't we? And while we're at it, let's drop English for good measure.
Act Two: Apparently, the Economy ISN'T Very Good.
The Diabolical Kraft Man sez: "One week, young dependent. ONE WEEK to secure gainful employment! Or you're OUT!"
What a fun week. It's always better to do things with the Sword of Damocles hanging over your head. Roughly twenty applications turned in, three calls back, two interviews, zero job offers.
And... THE BOOT!
Act Three: Man Without a Country
Lucas: You can crash on the couch.
Andy: Okay. Thanks.
Act Four: Resolution (It's a mystery)
The Diabolical Kraft Man: Hey, here's four weeks worth of work that I probably should have offered you in the first place.
Andy: Oh... thanks?
Diabolical Kraft Man: You can come home now.
Andy: Oh... thanks?
Diabolical Kraft Man: You're god damn right.
Fin.
______________________________________________________________
A Word With Cody McLaughlin
TAFKAGMarkIII: Hey Cody.
TAFKAGMarkIII: Are you in it to win it plus wild for the night?
GWFJarrett2: Yes.
TAFKAGMarkIII: You're a thrilling young man.
GWFJarrett2: I try
______________________________________________________________
So anyway, I'm back at home for the time being. This experience has taught me that I really need to get out of this house on a permanent type basis. Maybe move to Calgary. There's a strong job market there right now. And Bret Hart. Maybe Bret needs a roommate.
______________________________________________________________
Andy Moves in with Bret Hart fantasty sequence Part One
(The powerfully built stroke victim bursts into the common room of his Calgary palace.)
Bret Hart: Andy! Did you use my toothbrush again!?
Andy: Yeah, I'm sorry Bret. You must think I'm pretty nasty, huh?
Bret Hart: I don't think you're nasty. I think you're scum!
(Jokes are better when only one eighth of an intended audience get them.)
______________________________________________________________
Seriously though, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm going to Sacramento on June 10th. I was originally planning on returning on the 15th, but I may extend my stay a bit, look around, see what I like. Maybe even shoot on up to Portland and visit Abe. Wouldn't mind that one little bit.
So, I just wanted to get everyone up to date on the past ten days of my life. Especially if anyone was curious about why there's been no blog activity lately.
Oh, and I hate you fuckers and your non-Troy discussion. It's all your fault, KJ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment