Week 3 of "B-Movies and Beer" was a roaring success, as we've added a person to the proceedings every week. Pabst sales continue to sky rocket in local Giant Eagles. We checked out Italian horror demi-God Lucio Fulci's "Zombie".
I hadn't really realized how tame zombie movies have become until watching this. There are almost zero cut-aways in this flick. You see EVERY HORRIBLE DEPRAVED THING. Shard of wood slowly penetrating an eyeball? RIGHT IN YOUR FACE. Also, it was nice to see slow moving zombies again, that's for damn sure. Also, lots of gratuitous boobs, naked scuba diving, a zombie FIGHTING A SHARK~!, and a bunch of exploding zombie heads. It's a GOOD thing.
I did almost literally nothing else of note this weekend. I've been trying to recover from a cold, you see. I went to the bar Saturday night, but between the Nyquil and the candy corn, I can't really remember much of anything. I'll be back tomorrow (hopefully feeling better) with a RAW recap and some more tidbits.
Oh, this Thursday's "B-Movies and Beer" is scheduled to be a viewing of the neo-classic snowman slasher Jack Frost. Don't miss it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment