That was the best hour in Comedy Central history. No. The best hour in TV history. No, that's not quite right, either. The best hour in ALL history. I speak of course of the weekly "South Park"/Chappelle's Show" double header. It seems to pick up more steam every week, but I don't know how anything could top what I saw last night.
Between the hopeful ushering in of "you got served" into common parlance (remember, I was saying "you got served" before saying "you got served" was cool. HA!) and Wayne Brady becoming one of the funniest men in the entire world ("Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?"), this night left no prisoners in its pursuit of comedy perfection. Jabs at DDR and the return of the Goth Kids and the Raisins girls supplemented the main plot of "South Park" very nicely, while "Chappelle's Show" was just ALL about Wayne Brady redeeming himself for five seasons of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?"
Lemmiwinks returns to "South Park" next week, so they've got a loaded gun coming in, but I don't know if anything will be able to top Leopold "Butters" Stotch's path of tap dancing carnage. The joke in the preview of "Chappelle's Show" is pretty damn weak, so I don't think Wayne's got anything to worry about either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment