Monday, February 23, 2004

The Unpossibles rock harder than you

Okay, I've gotta say... I'm a big honkin' Unpossibles fan. Way to go, Keith. You and your boys absolutely rocked it to pieces on Saturday night. The lead singer even made up for not knowing his lyrics by having the SWANK sticker on his lap top. I thought that you would keep your Deppish business casual ensemble goin' for longer than you did, though. You know... for one song, maybe.

I ordered a Bloody Mary late in the evening and boy was I ever dismayed. Vodka in the glass, here comes the tobasco, tomato juice, wor... oh, wait, no... he's just dumping in a prepared Bloody Mary mix. Isn't bartending supposed to be an art form? Doesn't anyone take pride in their work anymore? Should convenience outmode quality? I mean, come on. At least I got a lime wedge.

Dolly Parton should have an appreciation week sometime in June. If everyone in the world just listened to "Jolene" and "Coat of Many Colors" all week long this world would be a lot happier to live in. Also, Johnny Cash's version of "Orange Blossom Special" kills almost all other country music ever.

I was thinking about how a lot of people are saying that the biggest issue in the upcoming election is national security. Maybe it's just me, but shouldn't we be more concerned with things that could actually happen to us, personally - like, losing our jobs for instance? Last I checked, there weren't suicide bombers on every corner. I'm just sayin' is all.

No comments: