Saturday, February 07, 2004

If I could be serious for a minute

I'm overdoing it lately. Turning 21 didn't feel as liberating as I thought it would and I think that I've been trying to overcompensate for that. Going out and getting smashed was fun at first, but the more I do it, the more I feel like I'm just trying too hard. I don't know if I'm trying to fill in some empty space in my life, or if I'm just trying to make myself feel like an adult. Whatever it is, it has to stop. It's just not fun anymore. I like drinking. I do. I just need to tone it down some.

The smoking thing is ridiculous, too. I hate cigarettes. They're really disgusting,and they add absolutely nothing to my life. I started to smoke in August because I was feeling stressed out about where my life was at, and more specifically the upcoming move to Sacramento. While in Sacramento, I continued to smoke because I started passing out again and felt stress over that. But I'm home now, and I've continued to smoke. Why? Nothing is wrong with my life. It's ridiculous. I quit. I was walking home tonight and I smoked two cigarettes right in a row. WHY? What a bunch of bullshit.

Lucas and I are going to watch a Kentucky game soon. I'm looking forward to that. We've never hung out, just the two of us.

Gallery Hop is tomorrow. February Gallery Hop. The hoppinest Hop of them all. Or the coldest.

Franz as The Incredible Thor was pretty scary.

The people next door to the Light Funky Lads' house seem like the sort of people I'd like to get to know better. I'll have to file that away.

This is the worst blog update ever.

No comments: