Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Avalon Smile?

I was correct. Going to the movies perked me right up. "50 First Dates" was standard Sandler fare, but happily without the seemingly requisite heartfelt speech delivered by his character that always completely kills his movies off. "Harold and Maude" was just as awesome as I had remembered it, and seing the DVD menu come up after the credits really delighted me for some reason.

Apollo Sunshine is tonight at Skully's. Low dough! Low dough! If Cody had a supersonic jet he would join me for the concert, but he doesn't, so he won't. Shit kickin' Okie bastard. Looks like Funky D, Fra Digga, and Ashy are on board at the very least. I hope to see others, though, because if you haven't seen Apollo Sunshine, you ought to. I still think a more marketable name would be "Monkees 2K4" but what do I know?

No comments: