I first came across Larry Sweeney as a member of the Figure Four Online website, hearing him being interviewed by Bryan Alvarez. It was through his appearances on the Figure Four Daily show that he and Bryan actually built up a feud, leading to a series of matches for Larry's coveted "ICW-ICWA Texarkana Television Championship" in 2007. Larry was hilarious without exception in all of his appearances on the radio show, just another aspect of the wrestling business where he excelled.
Few details are known about the circumstances of his death right now, but he was troubled by depression for many years, and was diagnosed bi-polar.
I'm truly, deeply sorry for the loss to his family, friends, and fans, and I will never grow tired of re-listening to those Figure Four Daily episodes.


3 comments:
With all the sad news in the wrestling world, I figure I should cheer you up. I have watched some episodes of the best wrestling show in southern West Virginia. Here's one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGC2NZGyzrw
Lee, you should really watch the first 30 seconds of this show. The intros are Tim and Eric caliber.
Yeah, you weren't kidding. That shit was hilarious. "hey you love me i'm guy nobody"
I wonder if we're supposed to actually think that Jonathan Styles is related to Joey. That would suck if your entire character was based on being kin to someone famous and credible in your field.
Post a Comment