Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jenny! And other matters

I want to send Blog That Wouldn't Die, etc etc wishes to my girlfriend Jenny, who won't ever read this! She turns 26 today, and has just adopted a six week old puppy.

Photobucket

This is Rory, I think. Jenny's got a list of BBC-inspired names she's sorting through. A fine birthday present to herself, to be sure!

I haven't given a Reds update since they began their season on a record-shattering pace. They have since... regressed, shall we say? They sit at 11-11 as I type. I guess they want to give all of the other teams a chance. They're very sporting.

I'm on my fifth season of Road to the Show in MLB '10. 2 American League MVP Awards and one trip to the World Series later... I can't wait until I"m an unrestricted free agent and can get the heck out of Anaheim. I wish there was a feature where the hometown fan would boo you once you've made it clear that you hate your team and them.

The RAW Draft show is tonight. Which actually hasn't been a draft since 2002. It was sped up to tonight on about one week's notice, originally scheduled for June. So it's had pretty much no promotion, and comes along one week before a pay per view that's going to die from disinterest. Yet... it's a gimmick that appeals to me, so I'll watch very intently starting in about twenty minutes.

I'm buying a Wii from Megan. She's selling me hers for $75, which I figure is about fifteen more than I'd pay for a Roku to do pretty much the same thing AND it plays games. Hard to pass up at that price. Thanks, Megan! You are a pal!

Peace out from Washington Beach, playas!