As for Paranormal Activity, I'll admit to being genuinely creeped out by several moments throughout, but all in all I'd never want to see this again. Horror movies, or any movie really, where the antagonist's motivations are vague or entirely unknown, rarely engage me. Same reason I hated The Strangers last year. "Why are you doing this?" "Because you were home." I know people who say they got chills down their spine when that exchange took place. Great. Didn't make the movie worth it, nor did their shining a light on the utter lack of character motivation improve my mood while watching it. I digress, though. As for Paranormal Activity, I can see why people like it. It's something different in a sea of copycat slasher movies, but I think that it'll be looked back upon a decade from now the same way most think of The Blair Witch Project. How was this ever such a big deal?
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Getting my horror hate on
Broin' Down 32 was a big success, as Broin' Down tends to be month in and month out, year in and year out. I wish I had left well enough alone and just gone to sleep, but no. I had the opportunity to watch Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 and Paranormal Activity and decided to go for it. Even as someone who really enjoyed Zombie's first stab at the Halloween franchise (at least upon the first viewing), I wasn't sold on the idea of a sequel. After seeing it, I don't really think there was anything glaringly wrong with the movie. It was just really boring, which is quite a feat when telling the story of an iconic, supernatural serial killer guided by visions of his dead mother and younger self.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I agree wholeheartedly about The Strangers. And I thought the sub-plot made both characters really unlikeable.
WV: ventsynt. Ventsynt Price could have made The Strangers watchable.
Post a Comment