
We went back to his apartment, where Lucas fed me beef stew and suggested we find some wrestling to watch on Netflix. FAMOUS LAST WORDS. After suffering through about twenty-five minutes of some sort of horrendous backyard wrestling that we couldn't wrap our brains around, we switched to...

This was not the worst movie I've ever seen. This wasn't even the worst wrestling movie I've ever seen. One of these days I need to take all of the wrestling movies I've watched and rate them because it really is a terrible, terrible genre. Anyway, this was one of those movies where time seemed to cease to exist. I'm actually a big fan of Sting, and he was the best actor in his own movie, but that is saying very, very little. Like, so little that I probably shouldn't even have mentioned it. I can't hate this as much as Ready to Rumble though, because that movie very clearly despised its own target audience, something I will never understand. You make a movie about wrestling and use it to insult wrestling fans. And it bombed? Shocking. Sting: Moment of Truth sucks, but at least it felt like a genuine labor of love. Maybe with a budget, and real actors, and a halfway decent screenwriter this could have been something. The life story of a professional wrestler, especially a high level one, is great fodder for a potential motion picture. This just didn't get it done.
Broin' Down on Tuesday, by the way!

2 comments:
Heh - as of this summer, House Bunny is pretty much Cynthia's favorite (or at least, most-watched) movie. I should probably be scared by this.
[kehn kehn kigelow]
wv: Did Sting's Ready to Rumble make you want to slit "ourists"?
I feel like you may have told me before now, but that is the best reason you've given for disliking Ready to Rumble.
hotblers: New microwaveable cobbler snack.
Post a Comment