Monday, May 11, 2009

Adventures in Word Salad

Has anyone else noticed that the people responsible for the word verification cues seem to be on to the game? Every single one is now almost a word, whereas before it seemed truly random and more times than not you'd just get gobbledygook. Kind of takes the fun out of the hunt if you ask me. Oh, you didn't? Fine.

Also, I just got back from Adventureland. Another film where every trailer I saw for it was a total mislead. Much less a wacky comedy and much more a Cameron-Crowe reminiscent coming of age tale. Ashley noticed the Crowe aspect, so I have to give her credit for that. Anyhow, it wasn't what I was expecting, and actually ended up better for it. THUMBS UP!

3 comments:

DAVEKWON said...

I wish I had more hands...so I could give Target 4 thumbs down.

Unknown said...

It's weird how we were having a very similar conversation about the ads for "Burn After Reading" just yesterday!

Now that you mention the word verification thing, I see that you're absolutely right. "Kessemat?" Totally pronounceable. Unacceptable.

Keith said...

I laughed a lot harder at "Burn after Reading" than I'd expected.

"coneulo" Meh.