Monday, April 13, 2009

My Nephew Tried to Kill Me Today

Unlike every Superman or Superman related comic of the 1940s through the 1970s, the title of this blog entry has everything to do with the content of this blog entry.

My eldest nephew, Roger, stayed at my house last night. After I got him situated on the couch, I went downstairs to do my types on my comps until I was sure he had fallen asleep. Then, I wentn back into the room and played a really spirited round of The Adventures of Lolo 3.

Photobucket

Sometime on the third level, Roger woke up and was more than a little irritated that he was looking at a blue blob solve puzzles instead of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. MOTIVE

Photobucket

This morning, I was awoken by the sounds of Roger and my father arguing over proper shower protocol. The last thing I heard before falling asleep once more? "Here... use this bar of soap." OPPORTUNITY

Photobucket

My dad later informed me that Roger was in the basement, playing Fallout. My brain tried to comprehend this. Roger, as a ten year old spaz, would become very quickly bored by Fallout, a turn based role playing game. It made no sense. What was he up to? ALIBI

Photobucket

At the time, I didn't put any of this together. I had no reason to believe that Roger would harbor a three am grudge over the lack of Ashley Tisdale on TV, plant a bar of soap on the shower floor knowing full well that I was the only one in the house yet to step into that hotbox of doom, and then cleverly hurry downstairs for a morning of video games beyond his comprehension level.

So it was that I stepped into the shower this fateful day. I don't use bar soap. For me, it's facial scrub and body wash, like a woman. And as my right foot planted on top of the small dish of rendered fat and fresh spring scent, I knew I had been right about soap all these many years. I planted my left foot outside the shower, throwing myself completely off-balance and plunging headlong into the shower wall. I sat there for a few moments, trying to guess whether I would pass out or not. After I determined that I would not, I collected myself, finished my shower (sitting down, thank you), and went back to bed to nurse a killer headache.

This battle to you, Roger. The war, however, is still very much up for grabs.

9 comments:

katie said...

Man, that kid's growin' up. Gone are the days where he gets upset and does something direct like yank a kid directly off the Meijer Penny Pony and throw him to the ground. Now he waits. Plans. Develops strategy.

You are doomed.

Josh said...

Legit LOLs in this here blog entry.

Amanda said...

I like blue things and I like puzzles. Tell me more about this Lolo business.

PS - Glad you survived unscathed.

Andy said...

You can play it next time you're over. It's super addictive.

DAVEKWON said...

I would be pretty pissed off to if I was deprived of the lovely Ashley Twosdale...I mean Tisdale.

Andy said...

Come on now. You meant Twosdale.

Unknown said...

Let's say he had the attention span for Fallout. I find the idea of anybody playing Fallout who doesn't have at least an inkling of what life was like during the Cold War to be hilarious. The game would make almost no sense at all.

"irefi" -- well, it's technically not my house, but word verification told me to, Lauren

Anonymous said...

+1 Lee

also, wv = "hastedne" is that an attack speed increase if you were doing a D & D campaign in Italy?

[adkehntures of lolo 3]

Unknown said...

Wow. I'm sorry, Kehn, but I feel someone needs to call you out for that uncharacteristically lackluster post. Re-write with pasta joke. Should read better. ;)

(...and you've used "adkehntures" before, so thumbs down. Do you need Dilithium for your Pun Drive or something?)

...and then word verification gives me "trickls." Nice.