Friday, November 07, 2008

More Sleep-Induced Scribblings

I had quite an odd day Thursday. I didn't sleep Wednesday, as Dave and I were up late watching the seven hour Ghost Hunters special from Halloween night, and by the time he left it was nearing two in the morning. I had a dentist's appointment upcoming at 9:50, and adding in time for showering, shaving, and taking the bus, I just figured I'd go sans slumber. Good idea? Bad idea? Hard to say, really. I went to the dentist last week after a three year absence, just for a routine cleaning, and was found to have CAVITIES. I wasn't shocked, but I wasn't exactly thrilled with the revelation either. So yesterday's appointment was to get those filled. The cavities, that is. In my teeth. Here's some dialogue from my visit:

Asia, the cute, black dental hygienist: So, were you happy or sad with Tuesday's outcome?

Me: I make it a policy not to talk politics with anyone who's preparing to use sharp tools on my mouth.

She laughed, I smiled inside.

So I go home, still all numb on the left side of my mouth, and sit around for a while. As the medication began to wear off, the pain began to hit me hard. So I took a couple sleeping pills and woke up at 1:30 this morning. SUCCESS! Except I missed the Browns game, which Andrew called me about twice. So hopefully he reads this and doesn't just assume I'm dead.

Anyhow, I had some weird dreams, chief amongst them a scenario in which Barack Obama was assassinated in Iraq. I was reeling from this news when I then discovered that Tazz had also been slain, not in Iraq. I was much more broken up about the demise of the Human Suplex Machine, no offense to our President-elect.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO! Not Tazz! Who will JR have witty repartee with on Friday nights?! Huh?! WHO?!

Awesome one-liner there with the dental hygienist. It's like straight out of a sitcom or something.

In other news, TROUBLING EPISODE OF THE OFFICE! At least in part, otherwise it was great. But I'm escared.

Funky D said...

Josh, knock it off with the semi-spoilers, eh? We'll get around to watching it soon enough.

I was pretty sure you weren't dead, Andy, but thanks for the confirmation. The game turned out fucking stupid, so you missed alot of heartache.

I was worried for a second that Tazz had suplexed Obama, which would have been quite troubling.

spaemoy: Leonard Nimoy's new email spamming enterprise.

Andy said...

Both of youse oughta stop talking about things being troubling.

Anonymous said...

Funky D, layin' down the law. A law I won't obey, but layin' it down nonetheless. I didn't spoil nothin'. Deal.

Jeff said...

How was Tazz killed?

Andy said...

Hit by a car while bending over by the side of the road to pick up a bottle of water.

Unknown said...

What, like it clipped his head off like a melon?

LOL!

blocus -- that sweet spot when she suckin' yo' dick jussssss RITE!!!1