Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Spelled G, Double E, K

Chavo Guerrero beat CM Punk for the eight millionth time in a feud that has been going on for roughly thirty-four years on ECW last night. It doesn't bother me that he won, but it bugs me that this brand seems to only have one babyface they feel comfortable slotting in as a challenger. They probably need to bring in a new body to fill that number one contender void that CM Punk is (hopefully) leaving now, but I don't know who it should be. I wouldn't really wish the sub-two million viewer Purgatory that is ECW on anyone. At least they ended the feud (again, hopefully) on a pretty good match.

Checked out the pilot of New Amsterdam, about the immortal cop/carpenter/art expert/lip reader/damn near anything because he's got so much LIFE EXPERIENCE on FOX last night. I generally lower my standards when I'm watching a pilot, because it takes actors a while to figure out their characters, and for a show in general to find its voice. This is why when sampling new shows, unless something just screams "NOT SALVAGEABLE!" in bright, neon letters from the very beginning, I give it a three-episode trial period. New Amsterdam, however, wasn't too bad. It's a show where its gimmick (the cop is immortal up until he meets his TRUE LOVE, at which point he becomes human and dies or something) is such that I can't imagine how they'll sustain it for a long run because people are going to get tired of waiting for the payoff. But hey, that's down the road. For right now, I was pretty entertained for forty-four minutes, and that's all I really ask.

Gossip Girl was officially picked up for a second season, so this is obviously a big day for me.

I still haven't gotten around to messing with that Fallout 2 patch I wrote about in January. So I guess I wasn't quite as excited about it as I let on at the time. SORRY.

Huh. I wonder if I can talk about anything non-geeky before I end this here blog en-oop!

Photobucket
Guess not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWW! It looks like he's wearin' lil' socks!

DAVEKWON said...

They give Chavo vs. Punk many, many weeks, yet the New ECW battling ECW originals for the services of CM Punk was killed off in 3 weeks. D'OH!

Andy said...

I just saw this, and here's the sad thing. I LIKED that storyline, but it was so rushed and killed off so quickly that it took me about five minutes to figure out what on earth you were even talking about.