AOL INSTANT MESSENGER, Thursday night. I was talking to ASHLEY~! about our upcoming plans for Saturday to venture to the Library and imbibe many spirits, and quite sadly, she had to cancel due to work. I was disappointed, as was she, because we were going to get TANKED. Anyhow, I soldiered on, and fired off a message to Chops, to see if he was down for whatever. NEXT!
WENDING OUR WAY TO DAYTON, Friday evening. FUNKY D~! and I had some HAWT Ring of Honor tickets, so we split at about 6:15, mindful of the 8:00 bell time. And then... 70 DIED. Not 70 people. The Interstate. So we sat there, mostly unmoving for about an hour, trying to figre out what hip hop station the chick next to us was listening to, smoking cigarettes, and generally being completely slap happy ( a condition CODY~! would refer to as "the sleepy sillies.
") By the time we got to Dayton and found the godforsaken fairgrounds (a University of Dayton carnival threw us off completely), it was about 9:30, and we had missed the entire first half of the show. We walked in as Nigel McGuinness versus Christopher Daniels was wrapping up, at which point Andrew excused himself to go to the bathroom. I'm sure he'll tell you he had to take a slash, but I suspect he was weeping the rough tears of discontent at missing out on the Fallen Angel.

Fear not, youngling. I will return in July to rock your party. And then, on to Scribble Jam!
We had a fine time. We got to see TNA favorites such as Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, and of course, Samoa Joe. We also ALMOST DIED at the hands (and bare feet) of the NECRO BUTCHER.

He is the one covered in blood.
It was a show ending brawl and Butcher and another wrestler, Colt Cabana, ended up over the guardrail, taking out a few rows of fans. Funky D and I were a few feet to the left of this madness and it didn't occur to me to get up because I didn't think they'd take it any farther. I... was mistaken. Moments later, our entire section looked like chair triage. Andrew beat his retreat without much difficulty while I stumbled and fell back against the bleachers. A chair throwing spectacle ensued and I just thought how horrible it would be to be trampled by this man. Luckily, I was not. NEXT!
SLOUCHING TOWARDS COLUMBUS, Friday night/early Saturday morning. We made excellent time on the way back, bolstered by our resolve to get drunk watching Teen Girl Squad episodes, a Patton Oswalt special, and the new South Park. We also heard that new Chamillionaire song a couple of times, and it is mighty and awesome. A stop at the good ol' 14-0 express provided much needed libation, and we even took the time to call up JASON~! and wish him a happy 23rd birthday. He reported that his keg was gone by 10:30 but spirits seemed high regardless. I laughed and said the good buddies.
Upon reaching the house, we immediately hit the basement, where Andrew sucked down PBRs like they had the antidote in them. It was a hell of a thing. I tried my best to keep up, but finished an entire beer behind him. By the time we had watched the ten Teen Girl Squad episodes, we were both goners. An attempt was made on Mr. Oswalt's special, but Andrew was in Dreamland about two minutes into it, and I soon followed. I still need to watch that damn South Park.
NO BOOK LEARNIN', Saturday afternoon. I gave Chops a ring a ding on the telephone machine and got no answer, thus forever burying my life's ambition to go to the Library on April 29th, 2006. Luckily, DAVEKWON~! hollered at me and we decided to hit up Studio 35. After loading up with sweets at Habib's, we made our way to the theater, securing our booth (actually mine and Ashley's booth, but Dave will do in a pinch) and pigging out while Scary Movie 4 underwhelmed on the big screen. 'Kwon seemed to enjoy it, but it was easily the weakest leg of the series, and nothing I ever need to see again. After an ATM misadventure and a car driving by screaming "ANDY!" (presumably, the car's driver and not the car itself was the screamer), we ordered up a CLASSIC PIZZA and settled in for the new Spike Lee Joint, Inside Man.
I must say, it had been a while since I'd seen a bank heist movie. It's certainly not my favorite genre, but I had high expectations going in. I love Denzel Washington, I love Jodie Foster, and I ESPECIALLY love Chiwetel Ejiofor. You may remember him as the total badass "The Operative" in Joss Whedon's Serenity. "I don't kill children." "I do... if I have to." He was also in Love, Actually if that helps.

Here he is, seeming to marry Keira Knightley. I am perplexed.
Anyhow, I LOVED Inside Man. Like a fat kid loves cake. I don't want to spoil anything, but suffice to say that it is reminiscent of The Sting without being derivative of it, which I think is perhaps its most impressive attribute.
Woot. Blogged! Be back tomorrow!

4 comments:
Sleepy sillies. YES.
Happy Birthday Keith!!!
Also - andy, did RAW come to Columbus this Monday? It looked like it as I drove home from work Mon. night.
[kehntrarian]
Yes, the Raw program was in the 'Bus. I did not go. I'm satisfied with that decision.
Yes. Happy Birthday, me.
I'm now compelled to see Inside MAn, as I DO like the bank heist genre and the badass from Serenity.
tgydc: Thank God Your Day Came! (politically correct TGIF, which allows for non-conventional work weeks, like mine)
Post a Comment