Sunday, October 23, 2005

Holy Shit, it was Fat Albert!

Has anyone else seen this? What an odd little movie. The main "You Got Served" dude played Dumb Donald, so that was awesome. Keenan Thompson very ably played the title role, but I'm a "Keenan and Kel" mark, so your mileage may vary.

Okay, basic premise is, this little high schooler has no friends, so she cries while watching "Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids" on TV, which causes all of the animated characters to GO OFF SCRIPT and come through the TV set to find out what's wrong. The little girl does NOT shoot them all dead on sight. Instead, she reluctantly befriends them, even taking them to school with her. All of them.

So, Fat Albert falls for the little girl's older foster sister (no idea why you'd adopt someone older than your real kid), and love blossoms because it's what's on the inside that counts.

But OH SNAP! The ex-cartoon's colors are starting to fade. Seriously. So they have to go back into the TV before they become "celluloid dust" as Bill Cosby puts it so eloquently.

But Fat Albert has found love, and is not easily convinced. But for reasons I've already forgotten, he goes anyway, and lives on in cartoon form. And the little girl now has friends... somehow. It wasn't explored very much once the B-plot about Albert's relationship took over.

Anyway, this movie did not own. I saw it so you don't have to. I don't want my sacrifice to be in vain, chumps.

PEACE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet the little girls parents adopted the older sister and then were able to have a child. That's what I'm thinkin.

Anonymous said...

Damn it! Spoiler ALERT. :^P

Andy said...

You don't have this in your queue, so don't even play.