Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Andy quits RAW; Bradley Cooper DOWN!

Okay. I think I'm pretty much officially just a TNA fan as far as televised wrestling is concerned. Tonight's "main event," featuring Linda McMahon inexplicably (and no, that doesn't mean I WANT an explanation) turning on Jim Ross and firing him, looks to be the straw that broke the camel's back. After roughly eight years of loyal viewership, I'm finished with WWE for a while. Very little wrestling and bad booking leading to matches I don't want to see, or in the case of the Linda/JR thing, not leading to a match at all, is just too much to handle. Peace outside, WWE. TNA, I'm here for ya. Bound For Glory, October 23rd, it's gonna be awesome.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In other news, FOX axed "Kitchen Confidential" after three episodes. I liked the two that I saw, so I'm kind of bummed about that, but I think people are still getting used to the idea of single camera comedies. Something tells me that John Francis Daley will make it out unscathed, though.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Cuz you know he's a P-I-M-P.

6 comments:

Funky D said...

Well, after this, I think RAW should quit life. No TAFKAG = No point. Fuckin idiots.

And yeah, Daley will be fine. He was good in Waiting.

jclyaer. Don Vito yelling about Slayer.

Anonymous said...

Whatever. You didn't quit, you were FIIIIIIIIIIIIIRED.

Andy said...

That show is still pissing me off, almost 16 hours later.

Anonymous said...

Linda crotching JR may have been the final straw, but counting back the last four-five years (which is probably when the shark started heading towards the waterskiers) what would you cite as the one incident that was the biggest burden on the now-incapacitated camel?

[vincent kehnnedy mcmahon]

Anonymous said...

Botched WCW invasion angle? Katie Vick? Triple H as the champion 10 different times? The McMahon's dominating air time? The repetitive evil GM/owner bit? Need I continue? I don't really think there's just one thing, it's more a bunch of crap that has sent WWE right down the toilet.

Andy said...

Completely fucking up the Invasion when it was quite literally a license to print money in the hands of anybody with any kind of sense was probably the real start of the decline, although turning Austin heel without any viable opponents after Wrestlemania 17 was pretty strange too. Even if it did, in the short term, lead to good TV.