Thursday, September 22, 2005

Normal Again (4X5)

I'm still sort of freaking out about still not having a job, but I'm coping better.

TV NEWS!

"My Name is Earl" is the friggin' bomb. I kind of felt bad to see Ethan Suplee looking so rough, though. He dropped like a hundred pounds but now he's going bald. I guess you're doomed to that kind of hair loss when you're Vader's kid.

The second season of the US "The Office" is looking promising as well. Maybe Steve Carell's new fame will propel that show to the viewership that it deserves.

And in something that should shock absolutely no one who's even watched five minutes of one episode, "Over There" is still the best thing on television.

Thank you.

I finalized the sale of my X-Box to my sister today. It will be a sad farewell, but I'm strapped for cash, so what can you do? So many memories, though.

And I leave you with this, a quote from the Casper Star Tribune:

"IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (AP) -- An Idaho weatherman says Japan's Yakuza mafia used a Russian-made electromagnetic generator to cause Hurricane Katrina in a bid to avenge itself for the Hiroshima atom bomb attack -- and that this technology will soon be wielded again to hit another U.S. city."

Yep. I certainly couldn't have led with that.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love lamp

Andy said...

Anchorman is stupid.

Funky D said...

Napier, you sonofabitch! Call me up and tell me you're giving me money, just buttering me up so I slide right by that utter blasphemy you just spewed above. I was saying boo-urns.

Anonymous said...

I dont really like to watch TV...

Andy said...

Thanks, "anonymous."

Anonymous said...

The first time I saw Anchorman, I thought it was really stupid. But, the more I've seen bits and pieces of it on TV, I think it's great. It's one of those movies you have to see more than once to appreciate it.

-"Brick killed a guy."

-"I KNOW. I SAW that."

katato said...

SCOTCHY SCOTCH SCOTCH!


i can't believe you said that.
adam's gonna be sad.


i randomly decided to call you yesterday on my way to a meeting but after a few rings i realized, duh, thursday night, got shit to do, so i was flipping the phone closed and either a machine went off or someone was answering so if it's the latter, sorry to whomever i hung up on!

yeeah.

Andy said...

You should call me this weekend. I have no contact numbers for anyone anymore.

katato said...

lost your composition book, eh? i'll try and remember to scroll down to the "o" listing and hit call, but i'm a bit of a dipshit lately, so i make no promises... i do promise to try and remember though!

Funky D said...

Nappy, did you store numbers in your Playstation??? Well, I'm sure something equally ridiculous happened instead.

Andy said...

Katie: Yeah, not sure where the composition book is, plus I primarily relied on my computer for all that stuff.

Andrew: How hard is it to separate "Playstation" from "X-Box?" For realz.

Anonymous said...

About that computer, does it start up? Does it crash at certain points?

Andy said...

It wasn't starting up.

And this laptop just says no to AIM, E-mail and Myspace.

katato said...

so i remembered to call you twice this weekend. at 8:45pm on saturday night and at about 11pm tonight... so yeah calling your parents' house at 11:45pm and 2am... didn't think such a great plan. i am an asshole, i know.

Andy said...

No sweat. I'm sure we'll speak again someday. :(

katato said...

oooh shooting for the catholic guilt angle! well done! you've learned. awww..

brat!

ps. this spam thing's a pain in the ass.