Here is an excerpt from a conversation I just had with your pal and mine, Cody McLaughlin.
Cody: I might get a job at Abercrombie
Andy: And your transition into a guy that I would normally completely hate is almost finished.
Cody: :-( Yeah, I dress like an Abercrombie guy and yeah I'm in a fraternity. SO WHAT? You shoulda seen me tonight. Decked out in the AF shorts and shirt with the collar popped It was AFalicious.
Way to be, Code Man. "Cha, Uncle Frank!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm working about fifty hours a week for the next month. That might be no great shakes to some of you out there, but I'm not used to that kind of schedule. So, other than weekends, I'm going to be dead, more or less.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The night for the flesh feasting corpses double has been changed to Friday, September 24th, so if anyone is down, come with. I'm basically resolved to see these movies no matter what, but I'd rather not see them by myself.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reason for the change in schedule is that Andrew reminded me that we have a date with GALLAGHER on Saturday night. Oh, and RJD2. But GALLAGHER! I haven't seen anything he's done since the late '80s, and I only thought it was "eh" funny then. For some reason though, I've always badly wanted to see him live. I can't explain it. Maybe the mystery will be solved this weekend.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave is moving back to Columbus full time on Saturday, which is as much a cause for celebration as anything I can think of.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Dawn of the Dead" set is ruling me lately. Three cuts of the film, plus the retrospective documentary is DA BOMB. "Is that a comb?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Le Savvy Fav last Saturday was easily the best band I've seen since the Dirtbombs gave me my mantra in March. Rarely have I seen a more charismatic front man. I think that's the word I'm looking for, at least. He knows who Jimmy Snuka is, too. That puts him a cut above in my book.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I apologize to the loyal blog nation for not bringing the content in the past couple of days. The shock of the Noble firing sapped all of my good will, and having a job made sure that it stayed sapped. I promise to do better in the future.
Sayanora from this guy, who needs to get up for work in about four hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment