Friday, June 25, 2004

Wiggedy Wack, not the regular kind

-So, Jesus Christ and the moviegoers of Columbus conspired against my efforts to see "Fahrenheit 9/11". I was all set to catch the 8:15 show at Lennox, even got there an hour early, and... SOLD OUT! So, as Andrew already had his ticket squared away, I shrugged and headed for home at 7:30. I eschewed the bus in favor of walking, and it almost made up for the disappointment as I got to see some guy doing tai chi on a baseball field on Olentangy, and then right by the 7/11 on Lane, a jogger wearing an Old Glory sweatband and a drenched "Real Stories of the Highway Patrol" shirt passed me by. And that was before I even got to High Street. Sadly, there was nothing else weird/funny beyond High and onward to 4th Street, so I guess the concentration of new-age dipshits and white trash cop lovers is West of High. Anyway, that was my crappy evening.

-I did get hired for the teller job at Huntington that I went in for. Soon I will buy a DJ In a Box Kit and acquire roommates with names like "Goatee" and "Pressed On", as well as begin loudly complaining about any video game that requires more than two buttons.

No comments: