Tuesday, June 15, 2004

New Six Feet, RAW, plus, "I'M AN OHIOAN! GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

Greetings from Sacto, as I finish up my first full week in town, and hopefully my last. Don't get me wrong, I'm enoying my visit, but it's about time to get to steppin' and come back to the land of Johnny Marzetti and Les Wexner again.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Aside from not being too sure why Sunday's "Six Feet Under" premiere wasn't last season's finale, it was a pretty great episode. I loved the straight up horror lighting for the scene where Nate was burying Lisa's body. That whole sequence was some of the heaviest material I've ever seen presented on TV. They've got me back on board one hundred percent after a shaky go of it for much of third season.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Benedict Arnold, Ray Davies, Wesley Clark: What do these three men have in common? Answer correctly and win a prize!
___________________________________________________________________________________________
I Smack it Till It's RAW: Cali Edition

WHAT WORKED

Watching JR trying to broker peace between Hunter and Shawn struck me as funny. Can we send Jim Ross to Israel? Yasser, A.S. we need to bring this to closure.

I can't really complain about 35 minute Benoit matches, but this was kind of formless. Way too much Flair, who doesn't have enough stuff to fill 25 minutes of a 35 minute match. Batista is the best worker on the heel team and didn't work the night before so shouldn't have gone out so early. I always enjoy Flair and Benoit smacking the shit out of each other.

Regal's facial expressions fucking ruled. In other news, the sun rises.

You know, the clique gets written up alot as being a genius at backstage maneuvering, but honestly, there are more idiot marks in the business than in the stands. Nothing genius about it. You get the impression Helmsley's speech to Eugene was transcribed directly from backstage meetings. "Vince, I am a big fan of yours, can I get an autographed picture with you for my family... that Vader guy, he hurt my face... why isn't Yoko going over him at house shows?" "Ooh Bruce Pritchard you're my friend, you know my boy Da Bad Guy, he shouldn't have to job to Dean Douglas. Oh, and Bruce can you autograph my T-Shirt from BROTHER LOVE?" Bunch of mark suckers.

WHAT DIDN'T WORK

One hour and forty five minutes of the show without fucking matches, a pregnancy angle, long meaningless promos, damn it is Russo in Michaels' prayer group? At least we might get to see some Palumbo matches.

God damn, there are 400 guys with tribal tattoos in OVW, they bring in and push the one guy who can't even execute a bodyslam. At least they didn't have Jonny Nitro work matches, just stand next to Bischoff and look tall. Where is Nathan Jones, or Matt Morgan or Test, or Heidenrich? Shit, just bring in Chuck Zito, "OZ" is over and I'm sure he could use the dough.

Fuckin' RAW.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
So, I think I'm going to hop a Greyhound tomorry night, get back sometime next year. Or, you know... Friday. God, I'm going to be cranky. See y'alls on the flip. Peace.

No comments: