Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Zombie Gun Games Gonna Make Me Lose My Mind

That's right, fallows. "B Movies and Beer" Week Six is upon us, and the film du jour is "House of the Dead". Will "Up In Here" actually be used in the context of the film itself or just the ending credits? Will half of the movie be shot from a gun toting, first person perspective? Will the experience truly live up to what a Bottom 30 IMDB movie SHOULD be? There's only one way to find out, of course. Thursday night, May 13th, 11 pm. Things is gonna get dead.
__________________________________________________________________

I saw "In America" last night. Great movie, if a little manipulative. Judging from the carnival game scene, it's good they didn't relocate from Ireland to Atlantic City.
__________________________________________________________________

So, an American was beheaded. But Donald Rumsfeld, "YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JAAAAAAOOOOORB". Seriously, this is getting really scary. And this was supposedly al-Qaeda. What the Hell do they care what's happening in Iraq? Of course, the fact that I'm even consdering that this is payback for prisoner torture instead of just assigning blame to the foreign monsters must mean I hate freedom.

I just don't see anyone with any authority saying anything that makes me feel confident about the situation. Lots more people are going to die and that sucks, bottom line. It's the fault of his killers for killing the guy, but there is a reasonable question to be asked about why we were there in the first place. That has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative (I'm neither, although conservatives accuse me of being liberal and liberals accuse me of being conservative because I'm not what they are and therefore must be the other). America, let alone the rest of the world, would be greatly relieved if we were given a sense of a plan of action in Iraq. We have none. We have growing scandals, growing resentment and increasing attacks. The official comment on all of this? "Rumsfeld is doing a good job".
__________________________________________________________________

Teddy Hart has started his own wrestling company. That's fucking awesome.

"He's the king of bling bling. He dines at five star restaurants with his entourage and goes through countless bottles of Cris' like it ain't no thang. He is one of today and tomorrow's most technically and acrobatically talented athletes. He's a trend setter. He's outspoken. He's unpredictable. He's a rogue. You love him. You hate him. You don't know what to expect out of him next. He is "the Loose Cannon" Ted Hart."

Oh my GOD I hope that roll through Ohio. He's got a killer roster. Granted, not as killer as it could be if he hadn't made enemies of so many other wrestlers, but... hey, that's part of his charm.
__________________________________________________________________

That's all for today, folks. I'll be back tomorrow night for some sort of update. Until then, you've been blogged.

No comments: